I am currently trying to create a totally new flow for one of the functionality in the BroadLeaf. Here is the use case :-
- A customer is adding serveral products in wishlist.
- For each product, I have created a "Product_offers" table and storing various deals about that product in this table. Product_id is a foreign key to the existing(inbuilt) products table.
- I have to fetch these offers corresponding to that product and show it in Wishlist, under each product. Something like this :-
WishList ( Inbuilt , out of the box)
-Product1 ( Inbuilt , out of the box)
- Offer1 (To be Fetched using this new flow from "Product_offers" table)
- offer2 (To be Fetched using this new flow from "Product_offers" table)
- offer3....(To be Fetched using this new flow from "Product_offers" table)
Now, I just want to keep this whole customization separate and want to write my own Service, DAO, query, jpa & DTO components to make it work. For controller I am using the inbuilt "Managewishlistcontroller".
I have tried adding it , but either the annotations itself are not being recognized by maven build or its giving some other error.
Can someone, tell me the detailed, step by step flow of adding a totally new frontend-backend flow. FYI.. I have gone thorugh the docs in details, but they only give a small example of extending an existing flow. I am talking about a TOTALLY NEW flow from scratch.
Early response is highly appreciated. We are stuck with it for sometime now and project is getting delayed.
- Sumit Rathore