I am currently customizing the Home page for showing products from :-
- Various different categories ( 10 each)
- From a Deals/ offers table
I am going to show a bunch of products from various categories and deals, offers, to the user on Homepage itself.
Currently the homepage fetches the product from "solarSearchService" using the default categorey of /home.
Can I use the inbuilt
" @PersistenceContext(unitName = "blPU")
protected EntityManager em;
final Query query = em.createQuery( Select.....) "
To run my own custom queries to fetch products and show them on Homepage.
My queries :-
- Why is Solar Search service is used to fetch products on homepage, Any specific reason ?
- What difference will it make, If I use the Entitymanager ?
- Will there be a performance hit on application, if I dont use Solar Search Service.
- Is there any other alternate flow, code that is inbuilt for custom querying ?
Kindly provide answer in details.